Rob received his B.A. from Baylor University in Waco, Texas. After receiving an academic scholarship, Rob continued his education at Baylor University School of Law where he was Editor of the Baylor Law Review, a member of the Order of the Barristers and a member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity. He received his J.D. with Honors in 1988 and was selected to serve as a Briefing Attorney for the Texas Supreme Court. In 1989, Rob began his private practice with the Vinson & Elkins law firm. Five years later, Rob developed his plaintiff personal injury practice and began representing consumers in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. Ammons has represented clients in the prosecution of serious injury cases, such as burns, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries and wrongful death suits against automobile and tire manufacturers, chemical plants and other corporate entities. He has taken on and successfully resolved significant cases regarding SUV rollovers, tire defects and air bag defects against Michelin, Cooper Tire and Rubber Co., Continental Tire, General Motors, Ford, DaimlerChrysler, Honda, Toyota, Isuzu, Hyundai, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Bridgestone/Firestone, Kumho Tire, Takata, Exxon, Phillips 66, British Petroleum, Yellow Freight and many other corporate defendants.
From 2003 – 2017 Rob Ammons has been voted a Texas SuperLawyer by his peers, for which he was featured in Texas Monthly Magazine. This honor places Rob in the top 5% of all attorneys in the State of Texas. Rob also is featured in the 2007 listings of the Lawdragon Leading Lawyers in America and the Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiffs’ Lawyers in America, which places Rob in the top .05% of all attorneys in the country.
Rob has the distinction of being Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, in addition to being Board Certified in Civil Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He is individually rated “AV” by the Martindale Hubbell Law Directory, the directory’s highest rating. Rob is a frequent speaker on product liability issues and is a published author. Rob and his wife, Chris, have four children.
- Bachelor of Arts, 1985, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Juris Doctor, 1988, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
Admitted to Practice:
- State Bar of Texas, 1988
- State Bar of Florida, 1990
- State Bar of New York, 2006
- State Bar of Arizona, 2010
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- American Association of Justice
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Director
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Former Director
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Director
- National Board of Trial Advocacy, Board Certified
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Board Certified